Congratulations on the purchase of your Green Gadgets refurbished device.
By purchasing a Green Gadgets Extended Warranty, you can enjoy continued peace of mind and the following benefits:
- Increased cover from 12 months to 24 months and
- Unlimited repairs by trained technicians
For all Extended Warranty queries or to lodge an Extended Warranty claim, email Green Gadgets at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 981 361
GREEN GADGETS EXTENDED WARRANTY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The warrantor of this Extended Warranty is Alegre Pty Ltd ACN 159 022 296 trading as Green Gadgets (Second Hand Dealers Licence 2PS11940) of Locked Bag 3003 Auburn NSW 1835. The Green Gadgets Extended Warranty extends the 12-month standard warranty to 24 months and begins at the end of the 12 month standard warranty period.
Australian Consumer Law:
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL.) You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The ACL protects consumers by automatically giving them basic, guaranteed rights for goods they purchase (“Consumer Guarantees”) at no charge. For example, the ACL requires that, taking account of the nature of goods, the price, any representations made by the supplier or manufacturer and other relevant circumstances, the goods must be free of defects, do what they are meant to do, be safe, durable and acceptable in appearance and finish, be fit for any particular purpose that the consumer makes known and comply with any description given or any demonstration model used.
In the event of a breach of a Consumer Guarantee where there is a major failure of the goods, consumers are entitled to reject the goods and choose a replacement or refund and claim compensation for any reasonably foreseeable loss or damage suffered by consumers as a result of the failure. Where the failure does not amount to a major failure, consumers are entitled to have the supplier repair or replace the goods (at the supplier’s choice). Whether a specific failure breaches a Consumer Guarantee, and a consumer is entitled to a remedy under the ACL will depend on the circumstances.
Consumer Guarantees have no set time limit but generally last for an amount of time that is reasonable to expect in the circumstances, given factors including the cost and quality of the goods, the use made of the goods, or any representation made by the supplier or manufacturer. Consumer Guarantees may continue even at the expiry of the 12-month standard warranty for the goods or this Extended Warranty. The exact amount of time that Consumer Guarantees last in the case of a specific purchase varies depending on the circumstances.
Consumers with a claim for breach of a Consumer Guarantee should contact Green Gadgets at first instance. If you are unable to reach a resolution with Green Gadgets as to the remedy, you should seek independent advice and/or contact the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) or Your state/territory fair trading body.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods.
Additional benefits under the Green Gadgets Extended Warranty not available under ACL
We appreciate that you may want the certainty of knowing that, if the refurbished device you buy is faulty, it is covered for a specific time period.
When you purchase the Green Gadgets Extended Warranty, subject to the terms and conditions, you are obtaining certainty as to the period of coverage and the remedy you will receive and the convenience of having the repair and/or replacement process managed for you and work undertaken by Green Gadgets trained technicians.
It is the consumer's choice as to whether they purchase the Green Gadgets Extended Warranty. Furthermore, it is the consumer's choice as to whether they seek a remedy from their Green Gadgets Extended Warranty or from Green Gadgets via their ACL rights.
The benefits to the consumer given by the Green Gadgets Extended Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of the consumer under law in relation to goods or services to which the Green Gadgets Extended Warranty relates.
If we cannot repair your device or if the cost of replacement is less than the cost of repair, we will replace your device with a refurbished device of the same or equivalent specification (subject to the terms and conditions of this Extended Warranty). When we have replaced your device your Extended Warranty will end immediately and there will be no refund of the fee you have paid to participate in the Extended Warranty.
Please note, the repair of the device may result in loss of user-generated data. We recommend you back-up your data regularly. User generated data may include (but is not limited to) photos and music files.
What is not covered by this Green Gadgets Extended Warranty?
This Green Gadgets Extended Warranty does not provide cover in relation to any of the following:
- Costs covered within the 12-month standard warranty period or any other supplier or repairer’s guarantees.
- Costs due to consequential losses relating to any loss or profits, revenue, data, goodwill or reputation and damage to other goods or property.
- The cost of modifying the device.
- Claims arising from your failure to follow the operating instructions.
- Costs due to negligence, misuse or unauthorised alterations or repairs.
- Theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or damage caused by fire or explosion.
- Claims arising from floods, lightning, storms, frost or other bad weather.
- Claims arising from any problem with the supply of electricity.
- Costs if no eligible fault is found with your device.
- Cost due to loss of software or data caused by eligible defect or failure. This includes firmware upgrades and malfunctions caused by virus .
- Damage caused by accidents, including (but not limited to) dropping the device or liquid spills.
- Repairs carried out outside of Australia.
- Costs arising from not being able to use your device or from damage caused when the device breaks down.
- Cosmetic damage such as damage to casing, screen or dints or scratches or holes to the device.
- Costs due to infestation of vermin, pests or insects.
- Costs due to rust, corrosion or water damage.
- Installation/download charges if the device is replaced.
- False or exaggerated claims. This Extended Warranty will not be valid if any information you give us is false or exaggerated.
How to make a claim
To make a claim please call us on 1300 981 361 or email us at email@example.com.
Transfer of Ownership
This Extended Warranty can be transferred to a new owner of your refurbished device. To organise the transfer please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation-30 Day Change of Mind
If you contact us within 30 days of purchasing this Green Gadgets Extended Warranty and advise you wish to cancel it, we will refund the full amount you paid for the Green Gadgets Extended Warranty.
To cancel your Green Gadgets Extended Warranty email us at email@example.com .
Cancellations after the 30 Day Change of Mind period are non refundable